Aneesh Garg, D.O. - Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedics, Chicago Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine
Dr. Aneesh Garg is a Sports Medicine Physician in the field of Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedics specializing in musculoskeletal injuries from head to toe and is currently accepting new patients ages 10 and older.
Dr. Garg is a United States Soccer Federation Team Physician with his work taking care of the United States Men's National Soccer Team under-18 (USMNT - U18) program and works as a team physician for several local Chicago high schools and colleges.
He was recently selected to be the Head Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedic Physician for the 2017 Frozen Four, NCAA Division I college hockey's national championship tournament, which was held at the United Center, home of the Chicago Blackhawks. As a fellow, he was the Head Tournament Physician for the SEC hockey conference championship and the ACHA Division III hockey national championship tournaments, respectively.
Dr. Garg is a medical consultant for the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) and currently works with former NBA players. He also continues to works with performing arts athletes while being named the medical director by NEURO TOUR for Broadway in Chicago shows such as STOMP and Aladdin. Dr. Garg works with local dance athletes as a consultant for Visceral Dance Chicago and has previously worked with USA cheer-leading athletes.
As the medical director for the COSM's Center for Sports Concussion Management, Dr. Garg and his team evaluate and manage sports concussions in depth. He is one of the only Credentialed ImPACT Consultants (CIC) in Chicago and uses baseline and post-injury ImPACT testing in his office along with vestibular and SCAT testing. Recreational and student-athletes, Chicago Lions Rugby Football Club players, MMA fighters, and boxers from all over Chicago have seen him for their sports concussions.
Dr. Garg is also teaching faculty at Presence St. Joseph's and Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospitals for his work educating residents in sports medicine. He is the medical director for Team Rehabilitation physical therapy, team physician for the Chicago's professional Ultimate Disc team, the Chicago Wildfire, and oversees medical coverage for Chicago Metropolitan Sports Association's Pride Bowl.
As a specialist in Sports Medicine, his focus includes the following:
- Sport Concussion management
- Shoulder Pain, Arm Pain, Elbow Pain, Wrist Pain
- Hip Pain, Knee Pain, Leg Pain, Ankle Pain, Foot Pain
- Running, Tri-Athlete, CrossFit, Rock Climbing injuries
- Arthritis management and treatment
- Exertional compartment testing
- Non-Surgical fracture care
- Non-invasive treatments for acute muscle and tendon injuries
- Ultrasound guided intra-articular steroid and hyaluronic acid injections
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
Aneesh Garg Bio
He was born in St. Louis, Missouri and raised in Orange, Connecticut. After playing baseball and graduating from Trinity College in Harford, CT, he went on to play shortstop for the Braintree Indians in the East Coast Baseball League. He graduated medical school from A.T. Still University in Mesa, Arizona, after finishing his clinical rotations in Brooklyn, New York.
He completed his Internal Medicine residency at Yale–New Haven Hospital in New Haven, Connecticut and specialized in Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedics in Birmingham, Alabama. At the world renowned Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center and American Sports Medicine Institute, Dr. Garg completed his fellowship in Sports Medicine and Non-Surgical Orthopaedics.
Personally, he is an avid international traveler and golfer while noting hockey as his favorite sport.
- Mar 2017: COSM Physician Selected as Frozen Four Tournament Physician
- Feb 2017: COSM Introduces Center for Sports Concussion Management
- Jan 2017: Aneesh Garg, DO, Selected as Medical Director for STOMP and Aladdin
- May 2016: Local Chicago Sports Doctor Selected as Team Physician for USA Soccer
In the news:
- Dec 2016: Are You Suffering From "Text Neck?"
- Nov 2016: Standing in Long #BlackFriday lines? COSM has Tips to Keep You Healthy!
- Nov 2016: 6 Reasons Experts Say to Focus on Core Strength